Coming Spring 2019
Drop us a Line at email@example.com or (385) 722-4457 to place a pre-order.
After 3 years of design work and field testing in collaboration with Jack Kirkham Jr., we’re pleased to introduce the Skyliner 144 Canvas Tent, a unique hybrid that combines the comfort and durability of a traditional canvas wall tent with the easy setup of Springbar® design.
The Skyliner 144 features a 12’ x 12’ footprint with near vertical side walls and comfortable standing height throughout; two doors and two shade awnings; wood stove compatibility; and an internal center ridge pole with an innovative crank system for tensioning the spring rods. The Skyliner 144 represents the most significant evolution in Springbar® Tent design in decades.
The resulting tent and pole package is approximately 30% lighter in weight than a comparable traditional wall tent, and the poles are about 30% shorter in length.
Made with heavy-gage 6061 aluminum, the U.S.A. made pole structure of the Skyliner 144 differs from traditional Springbar® design is several keys ways. The A-frame structure supports the main ridge pole assembly and creates a large A-frame door that can be opened in fair weather. The Skyliner ridge pole runs through the interior of tent, differing from traditional Springbar® Tents which feature an external ridge pole. The internal ridge lends significant structure to the tent body, allowing it to carry heavier snow loads, it’s also quite convenient for hanging a lantern or gear items. An innovative crank screw system, integrated inside the ridge pole, allows you to quickly apply tension to spring rods which are made from 1-inch diameter solid fiberglass. The result is an exceptionally strong and rigid all-season shelter. Additional stabilizer poles can be inserted into the tent walls and guyed out to provide additional structure and snow load capacity. The entire tent can be typically set up in 30 minutes or less – an enormous time savings compared to a traditional wall tent.
The tent body is made with our premium 10oz 100% cotton duck canvas throughout, finished for water resistance and anti-mildew. Large no-see-um mesh windows are found on every side of the tent, providing 360 degree views and excellent airflow in warm weather. Dual doors provide two points of entry/exit, while dual awnings can be extended to create a large shaded area outside the tent. The 12’ x 12’ footprint lends 144 Sq. Ft. of living space with generous standing height of 6.5 feet throughout the entire space. The heavy-duty waterproof vinyl floor features a zip-out U section beneath the 6” stove jack to allow a wood stove to sit safely on the ground.
- 12’ x 12’ Footprint, 6 ½ Feet Interior Height, 144 sq. ft. Living Space. Spacious for 2, Comfortable for 4 to 6, Maximum of 8 Occupants
- 100% Cotton Duck Canvas (10oz Roof & Walls) Finished for water repellency & anti-mildew. Watertight in the rain, breathable for interior comfort, and highly durable. Learn More
- Innovative A-frame pole design with crank system for quick set-up and exceptional strength
- Heavy-Duty Waterproof 14oz Laminated Vinyl Floor with zip out U section for wood stove
- Integrated 6-inch silicone port for exiting the wood stove flu, flashed with fireproof fiberglass material, an exterior canvas flap covers the port when not in use.
- Custom fabricated USA made 6061 heavy-gage aluminum pole set, 1-inch diameter solid fiberglass spring rods, 12-inch Steel Nail stakes
- Steel Wire Stake Loops with Perimeter Rope Reinforcement—Incredibly Strong and a Hallmark of Springbar® Tent Design
- Large Windows, 2 Doors, 2 Awnings, and Ventilation Zones with No-See-Um Mesh
- 2 internal mesh organizer pockets deliver approx. 7 sq. ft. of storage space
- Weight: approx. 130 pounds. Packed Dimensions: 3 bags approx. 12” x 60” each. Tent, stakes & ropes in one bag, Poles in two bags of about equal weight.
- Skyliner 144 Includes: tent & awnings w/carry bag, pole set w/carry bag, snowload and awning pole set w/carry bag, steel stakes w/carry bag, gear loft, awning ropes, & owner’s field guide.
- Protected by a LIFETIME WARRANTY covering defects in materials & craftsmanship. Learn More
- Pole Set made in USA. Tent Body imported.